POLKA DOTS

Monday, April 11, 2011

Grab a Tissue & Break Out the Checkbook

This morning I cried all the way to work, and I arrived with mascara running down my face (that's always pretty) all because of a song I heard on the radio. First let me explain that I have a soft soft in my heart for St. Jude's. When Wes and I got married we decided to skip useless party favors and make a donation to St. Jude's on behalf of our guests &  lost loved ones, and we continue to donate each year in memory of my friend, Matt, and other family members we've lost to cancer. Cancer is terrible all around, but all diseases and illnesses seems worse when they attack children. 

You just have to hear this awesome song, For the Kids, by country singer John Rich. Then, I strongly urge you to consider purchasing the song from iTunes. It's only $1.29 (ONLY $1.29) and all proceeds from the sale go directly to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, to allow further headway in pediatric cancer research. Click HERE to preview & purchase this track on iTunes.


1 comment:

Marina at My Busy Children said...

this is very admirable what you have done.

We also donate a few times a year, cancer is so terrifying